Sunday, August 9, 2009

My little Sandwich

The quest for a good slice of gluten free bread is a long and arduous one. While I've had some good slices and some awful slices, I will be saving my g-free bread analysis report for a later date.

Regardless of the bread, you can always improve it with toppings. When I was younger I used to LOVE vegetarian faux meat slices and would basically just have those with chesse or later, once the lactose intolerance and resulting veganism surfaced, soy cheese. They're not bad, all those faux meat things but they all have gluten in them so, no more. I must now expand my mind, broaden my horizons, and make a sandwich that would blow Subways mind.

My favorite little sandwich:
Mustard (of the polish variety), Wineland Garlic dressing (see yesterday's post), tomatoes, tofu (left over agedashi is awesome), spinach and a hefty topping of sprouts. The sprouts are the best part. Can't get enough of those alfalfa sprouts.

Due to the nature of g-free bread (thick, crumbly, not very malible) I do most sandwiches open faced. 2 open faced is like 1 real sandwich, right, so like, 4 is only like 2 real sandwiches right? That's what i tell myself every time i start eating these non stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment