Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Montreal Mayo Madness

Two weeks ago I went to Montreal for the weekend to see my girl friends. Amidst the climbing gyms, photo exhibits and Pop Montreal concerts, I REALLY wanted some vegan cheesecake. My carnivorous friends were not so much in the know about where i could get my hearts desire, but thanks to google i knew there ws a few good places on St. Laurent. As our evening walk was nearing it's end, I got a little exasperated and flung my head tot he left dramatically. It's a good thing I'm so melodramatic because right there, on my left, amidst my anguish and cravings, was Aux Vivres, a great vegan resto with vegan cheesecake on the menu. Unfortunately the cheesecake wasn't in. I was satisfied however with a perfect vegan truffle and the best tofu burger I have ever had. The "burger" was on a bed of lettuce (keepin it g-free) with grilled tofu, caramelized onions, pickles, tomatoes and THE BEST chipolte mayo I have ever had. If they sold that mayo in liter pails, I would buy it like nobodies business. They don't however mass produce Montreal vegan mayo for fat torontonians like me, so I must make my own.

Garlic and herb mayo -

1 pack silken tofu
1/2 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp wine vinegar
1 tsp chopped garlic (1-2 cloves)
oregano, salt and pepper to taste

Blend that shit and put on anything and everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment