Saturday, October 31, 2009

In the words of Win Butler - Sesame dressing


So the other day I woke up in the middle of an Arcade Fire song. Not Neon Bible, not The Well and the Lighthouse, it was Power Out. The power in my house was out. No lights, no computer, but most importantly, no stove. It's not like I was going to cook myself a breakfast feast, you know - pancakes and tofu scramble and berry sauce, it was just going to be some noodles and garlic but no, not even my 1 dollar, 3 min meal could happen. So what, a breakfast.... salad? All I have is cabbage. Guess it's a breakfast coleslaw. With.... salad dressing I don't have?

What I do have - 1 tbs soy sauce, 1 tbs balsamic, 1 tbs sesame oil, and a pinch of SnP. It was a perfect and quick sesame dressing. You could almost call it an Easy Asain Coleslaw. But really it's just cabbage for breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment